In June 2014 the Ministry of Economy and Sustainable Development, together with the Ministry of Agriculture, launched a new government program “Produce in Georgia”. The program is directed towards the entrepreneurship development through establishing new enterprises, advancing existing ones and promoting entrepreneurial culture in the country. The program also focuses on increasing the competitiveness of the private sector and enhancing country’s export potential.
“Film in Georgia” is a newly launched film industry incentive program that aims to promote Georgia as the Eastern European Filming Destination by offering a 20% cash rebate on qualified expenses incurred in Georgia. The program aims to support the development of Georgia’s film industry. An additional rebate of up to 5% is available if a production promotes Georgia as a destination the program’s “Cultural Test.”
The program is implemented by Enterprise Georgia, under the Ministry of Economy and Sustainable Development in cooperation with the Georgian National Film Centre, part of the Ministry of Culture and Monuments protection of Georgia.
20 – 25% Cash Back:
Film industry incentive program offering a 20% cash rebate on qualified expenses incurred in Georgia. For the detailed information please visit: http://filmingeorgia.ge/cash-rebate-20
- International and local productions must be registered as legal entities in Georgia.
- Projects must lead to the production of a feature film, TV film, TV series or mini-series (pilot episodes are eligible), animation, documentary film, commercial, reality show, or music video.
- At least 50% of the total production budget should be in place at the time of application.
- Expenses must be directly related to the filmmaking process to qualify.
- If production qualifies for the rebate, a refund up to 1,000,000 GEL will be approved automatically. Projects requesting a higher rebate require special approval of the Government of Georgia
- Production in Georgia must be completed within 24 months after acceptance to the rebate program.
A “One Stop Shop” for Film Production:
To streamline the production process, the Georgian government will help productions directly with the following services:
- Location scouting
- Assistance in acquiring permits issued by government institutions
- Coordination and communication with various stakeholders
For more information, updates and useful links, please visit the website: www.filmingeorgia.ge
The article is based on the information of qartuli.ge
Copyright on the material is protected. In case of it’s full or partial publication, please indicate at it’s beginning – “Source: business.org.ge”