Based on the data of September 1, 2017, there are 664,057 registered business entities in Georgia, out of which only 173,629 are active.
The economic unit is active if it meets one of the following criterias:
- Turnover > 0 (VAT, income and other declarations)
- Number of Employees > 0 (VAT, income and other declarations)
- Salary or number of employees> 0 (Salary announcements)
- Has a profit or loss (profit declaration)
- Pays any tax except for property taxes
The table below shows the business entity destribution in Georgia by regions.
|Regions||Number of entities||Active||%|
|Racha-Lechkhumi & Kvemo Svaneti||5,454||1,293||0.8|
The source of the article is geostat.ge (National Statistics Office of Georgia).
Copyright on the material is protected. In case of it’s full or partial publication, please indicate at it’s beginning – “Source: business.org.ge”